PROS & CONS
What are the best aspects of this product?
* Great WYSIWYG
* Strong layout features (sections, columns)
* Rich macro functionality - lets your wiki do so much more and integrate with the other cloud apps that you use
* Allows to easily create hierarchies of pages, easy cross-page references
* Useful blueprints (templates) for workflow documents
* Visually pleasing - important because it appeals not just to engineers, but the whole company
What aspects are problematic or could work better?
* Not as fast as I'd like it to be
* Have to enter "Edit" mode to edit the page (no Google Docs-like experience), but that's changing in the future
* Tables aren't great
* A bit pricey, especially for small teams trying to use several Atlassian's products together
What specific problems in your company were solved by this product?
We are a diagramming application. We use a fast-paced, agile workflow. Confluence allows us to store our knowledge in one place: tutorials, internal standards, specs, etc. Confluence is also great at making reports: sprint review documents, retrospectives, brainstorming notes. You can also embed data from JIRA and a bunch of other third-party products. This lets you turn your pages into dynamic dashboards where all the information you need is at your fingertips.
Are you a current user of this product?
What is your role with this product?
- I use it myself
How long have you been using this product?
What is your company size?
More than 100 Employees
What is your industry?
USAGE & IMPLEMENTATION
Did your company use a different software before this one?
How many people in your company actively use this product?
PRICING & COSTS
How long is your contract with the vendor?
Less than 1 year