What are the best aspects of this product?
* Great WYSIWYG
* Strong layout features (sections, columns)
* Rich macro functionality - lets your wiki do so much more and integrate with the other cloud apps that you use
* Allows to easily create hierarchies of pages, easy cross-page references
* Useful blueprints (templates) for workflow documents
* Visually pleasing - important because it appeals not just to engineers, but the whole company
What aspects are problematic or could work better?
* Not as fast as I'd like it to be
* Have to enter "Edit" mode to edit the page (no Google Docs-like experience), but that's changing in the future
* Tables aren't great
* A bit pricey, especially for small teams trying to use several Atlassian's products together
What specific problems in your company were solved by this product?
We are a diagramming application. We use a fast-paced, agile workflow. Confluence allows us to store our knowledge in one place: tutorials, internal standards, specs, etc. Confluence is also great at making reports: sprint review documents, retrospectives, brainstorming notes. You can also embed data from JIRA and a bunch of other third-party products. This lets you turn your pages into dynamic dashboards where all the information you need is at your fingertips.
Are you a current user of this product?
What is your role with this product?
How long have you been using this product?
What is your company size?
More than 100 Employees
What is your industry?
Did your company use a different software before this one?
How many people in your company actively use this product?
How long is your contract with the vendor?
Less than 1 year